|FAMILYCOMMUNITY INSPIRATION RESOURCES PARTNERS|
God created the world to be a wonderful place, and things started out that way. But man had free will, and soon rebelled against God. This rebellion (sin) separated men and women from God. Even with that, God still desired a close relationship with all men and women. But, he could not be near sin.
Because he wanted to be near his creation, he actually came to earth and visited for a while, to teach men and women how to have a personal relationship with him.
He did all this through Jesus Christ his son. Jesus came to offer salvation to anyone in the world who chooses to make Him their Savior. So what do you need to do about this?
You need to accept God's free gift! Here are some things you can do to get started in a new life with God:
1. Realize that above all else, God loves you! John 3:16 - "For God so loved the world that he gave his only son..."
2. Admit that you do wrong things that do not please God. (Romans 3:23)
3. Turn your heart around. (Acts 2:38)--You know you are doing wrong--stop it.
4. Confess to yourself and to others that Jesus is Lord, and that he is the son of God. (Romans 10:8-10)
5. Be baptized into Christ. (Matthew 28:18-20; Mark 16:16; Romans 6:4; Acts 22:16; Acts 2:38)
6. Become a devoted student of the Word of God (2 Timothy 2:15).
7. Share the good news about Jesus and God with others. Mark 16:15 - "He said to them, 'Go into all the world and preach the good news to all creation.'"